The Deltar Fasteners Account Manager for European OEMs will be responsible for providing sales and account management for VW & Daimler OEMs and related tiers. They will report to the Regional Sales Manager with additional support and guidance from OEM Global Key Account managers. Account Manager will be responsible to grow existing accounts, develop new accounts and establish strong contacts with customers. Initiates, and follow up on new product development opportunities and growth opportunities to support the division.
Location: Southeast US, work from home opportunity. Near Chattanooga, TN a plus.
· Along with the Sales Manager and Product Manager, establishes the goals for customer penetration to ensure growth with core type products on selected Focused Platform launches.
· Leverage local & global market knowledge to focus on growing products and introduce new ones applying an “outside – in” ITW discipline.
· Nurtures customer relationships that provide insight and a landscape where ITW has a competitive advantage through our “cradle to grave” relationships.
· Ownership of comprehensive market research aligned with the strategic growth priorities, to understand the market niche and growth opportunities within the ITW products.
· Maintains a continuing analysis of product reports for each of the products that the Product Manager will own.
· Takes ownership on products on future Focused Platforms within the Long Range Planning periods.
· Works with Regional Sales Manager and Global counterparts to develop local growth opportunities by leveraging Global portfolio to proliferate opportunities that may be new to our region but still fit within our product portfolio and manufacturing capabilities.
· Develops and maintains benchmarking tools for vehicle areas and associated products.
· Work closely with global Key Account Manager and colleagues from other global regions.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree - B.A. /B.S. from four-year College; Master’s Degree a plus
• At least 5 years’ sales experience in the automotive industry
• Sales experience with Europe OEM’s (i.e. VW, BMW, Daimler), proven track record of product knowledge including plastic fasteners a plus.
• Requires overall knowledge of all areas of the vehicle – interior/exterior, body/chassis, doors, powertrain
• Ability to develop project budgets where cost, value and profit are fully understood. Supports Sales Manager and team with product forecasts such as Monthly /Quarterly reporting as well as in times of Capacity management, Long Range Plan and Annual Plan.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, program management and presentation skills with ability and willingness to communicate, and work with other regions and locations.
• Excellent personal computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. One Note and MS Teams a plus.
• Willing to travel at least 25%; primarily domestic and occasionally world-wide.
• Basic German and/or Spanish language a plus but not required.
ITW Deltar Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ITW’s Automotive OEM segment designs and manufactures innovative fasteners, interior and exterior components, and powertrain and braking systems for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. ITW’s automotive businesses have a high level of customer intimacy, enabling customer-back innovation to address complex needs such as vehicle efficiency, safety, and quality. Deep market knowledge and strong manufacturing process capabilities allow ITW’s automotive businesses to be nimble, niche problem solvers for their sophisticated customers.