NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city’s five boroughs.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur provides primary and specialty outpatient care through its Diagnostic and Treatment Center (D&TC) and residential care for the elderly and infirmed in its 295-bed Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). Gouverneur recently completed a $250 million modernization project to offer enhanced, cutting edge healthcare services in a state of the art space. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur Skilled Nursing Facility provides 24-hour care for individuals in need of short-term, long-term care or hospice care. The facility is rated as a Best Nursing Home by US News and World Report. Post-Acute Care services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and audiology, and vocational rehabilitation.
Seeking NYS Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work at a Nursing Home in Manhattan, NY.
Shifts available: Part-Time (22.5 hours) 7:30am - 4pm, 3:30pm - 12am, or 11:45pm - 7:45am 3 weekends a month
1. Gives nursing care to patients as assigned.
2. Administers and records medications and treatments as assigned.
3. Prepares for and assists Physicians and others with diagnostic procedures and treatments.
4. Reinforces, supports and provides health care instructions to patients and their families.
5. Participates with other team members in planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care and other patient activities.
6. Assists in the admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
7. Observes and reports patients’ vital signs, symptoms and general condition to the appropriate individuals(s).
8. Records on patient charts observation of patients responses to nursing care rendered.
9. Maintains environmental conditions conducive to the comfort and safety of patients.
10. Assists with unit management and/or assumes charge of unit as assigned.
11. Performs other nursing functions related to patient care and nursing service, as delegated by the Nursing Service Administration.
12. Guides and directs other Licensed Practical Nurses, Technicians and Nurse’s Aides in rendering patient care.
13. Maintains clinical competence through participation and attendance at continuing education programs
Currently licensed or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of New York.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online at EMPLOYMENT.NYCHHC.ORG by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Assistance With Medications
Long Term Care