WorkSquare is currently looking for experienced cooks for a large-scale food preparation environment located in Miami, FL.
- Prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with other food as required
- Prepares short order foods; mixes and prepares soups, starches, and entrees
- Cooks a variety of vegetables and meats
- Places or supervises the placing of foods in steam table pans or containers to be used on tray lines or in the cafeteria, or to be carried by conveyors to go to patients
- Supervises small team and participates in the work of cleaning kitchens, refrigerators, storerooms, and dining areas to meet sanitation standards
- Oversees and aids in the proper handling, packaging, and storage of food or supplies and the meeting of deadlines for tray lines and cafeteria service
Various morning and evening working shifts
- At least 1 year of experience in a large-scale food preparation environment is required
- Knowledge of health hazards in food prep & service
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screening
- Must be comfortable with cooking & serving inmates as needed
- Must be able to supervise food service workers in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale
- Must be able to work under conditions of high temperature and stress
*** Please apply with a current resume to be scheduled for an interview ***
Maintain Clean Work Environment
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WorkSquare is a social enterprise that empowers workers to improve their financial well-being by providing the tools required to earn more, spend smarter, and build wealth. These tools include job opportunities, training in financial literacy and work readiness topics, and referrals to wealth-building resources.
WorkSquare provides recruitment and staffing for its growing base of hospitality, property management, light industrial, food service, and construction clients. We are proud to be the only staffing firm with no minimum or buyout fees, as our social mission means that our success is based on moving workers into permanent positions! WorkSquare makes it easy and cost effective to recruit and place qualified workers.
We believe employers and employees stand to benefit significantly from an efficient labor market, particularly for service and light industrial positions. An efficient market means better value, information, transparency, convenience, and effectiveness for both employers and employees. WorkSquare is committed to bringing about this change.
View the full profile