The GEE Group has partnered with a manufacturing company here in the Columbus, Ohio area in search of a Logistics Coordinator. Our client is a global operation that boasts incentives such as a 10% annual bonus, 401k match, profit sharing program, and ‘Cadillac’ level benefits. The Logistics Coordinator will work with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure a streamlined supply-chain process. The Logistics coordinator role will be responsible for tasks such as directing product and material shipments domestically as well as internationally while maintaining all appropriate documentation. As a Logistics Coordinator, you will create and maintain all relationships and communication with brokers- freight, as well as customs, and public warehouses. Applicants with soft skills that are useful for relationship-building and working with others to find solutions under time constraints will be highly successful in this position.
Duties of the Regulatory Logistics Coordinator are but not limited to:
· Identify and utilize carriers based on knowledge of market and lane.
· Responsible for spot quoting on domestic shipping
· Create and maintain appropriate documentation, and ensure documentation is shared with appropriate parties.
· Track all shipments
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in logistics
· International and domestic experience preferred
· Experience on both the client as well as carrier side of logistics
· Manufacturing/distribution background preferred
Warehouse Management System
Transportation Management System
Reconcile Inbound Load