Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Join Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA as our Quality Administrative and Project Specialist.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of quality administrative and projects at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Develop and sustain the Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA Quality Management System
- Establish strong team member relations at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Responsible for Supplier Quality Management and traceability systems through the quality engineers
- Responsible for completed vehicle quality
- The QE team is responsible for creating completed vehicle inspection standards and supplier inspection standards
- Develop plans and strategies that support division policies and business plan
- Promptly identify and analyze manufacturing process related problems
- Analyze customer (internal and external) data and create plans to visualize and improve (why made and why shipped)
- Develop actions for Quality improvement and stabilization
- Follow-up on shop activities and support countermeasure development when projects, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or plans fall behind
- Improve the areas of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost and Development Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Mass Production and New Model launch
- Ensure daily floor management systems supporting long-term strategy development and achievement
- Support organizational capability development in problem solving
- Develop short and long-term quality department strategies supporting Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA initiatives
- Ensure project milestone management with follow-up and next steps
- Support the development of the organization’s technical capability for injection and paint
- Lead Daily Floor Management ensuring quality parts to the customer
- Use Floor Management Systems to visualize the floor condition and promote KPI improvement
- Responsible for quality staffing, training process development, equipment and systems
- Manage new model and capital budgets
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Able to drive company vehicle (MVR check required) for quality testing on and off site
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or technical field (Science, Technology, Math)
- Experience in strategic planning or supervisory role
What Will Set You Apart:
- Manufacturing, Production or Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment; with a preference for Quality Engineering experience
- ISO9001/ QS9000 management experience
- Japanese language or professional experience working with a Japanese or other internationally-owned company
- Experience with presentation development and execution
- Experience with consensus building
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!
Setting Up Files