As a Hotel General Manager, you will function as the primary strategic business leader for your assigned property, and will oversee all aspects of the operation, including management of: general property performance, as well as food & beverage operations, sales and marketing strategy, profitability, and revenue generation, and human resources activities. This will involve leading your team in the development, and implementation of property-wide strategies with the overall goal of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, and delivering a return on investment to both Marriott International and company ownership.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Ensuring that service programs are in place and executed (e.g., Refreshing Business, Service Snapshots, Service So Memorable, etc.)
- Providing timely real-time feedback to management, and hourly associates on service and operational standards
- Creating, and supporting clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day
- Monitoring Food and Beverage forecasting, and par levels to reduce waste and maximize Food and Beverage profit margins
- Ensuring that bar and kitchen meet standards of quality with regard to organization, productivity, sanitation, and inventory management
- Working with the Regional Sales office (RSO) to implement sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates, etc.)
- Working with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, goals, and action plans
- Developing innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities
- Measuring, analyzing, and communicating property performance using a variety of financial/non-financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data.
- Managing the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participating in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic update meetings, etc.)
- Conducting day-to-day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle)
- Ensuring ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.)
- Actively recruiting and hiring qualified associates
- Keeping brand leadership team, owners, and above property stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of financials, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement
- Performing additional duties as required
"We are looking for a Hotel General Manager, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. It is important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your locationâ€™s continued profitability. You should also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer-service and marketing abilities.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Associateâ€™s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Bachelorâ€™s degree, a plus
- 4 years experience (2 years with a Bachelorâ€™s degree) in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area
- Experience in implementing payroll and inventory cost controls
- Strong sales and marketing abilities"
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback