Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree, with business emphasis preferred. Experience: Minimum 5 years in a business development / sales position to public safety / law enforcement agencies. Proven experience implementing sales strategies and customer relationship management. Experience in RF/microwave applications manufacturing environment a plus .
Skills/Technical Requirements : Ability to handle multiple high profile situations simultaneously while remaining calm and confident. Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills. Able to learn and retain product specific information to advise customers on product selections and requirement. Proven ability to drive the sales process and exceed targets. MS Office and Salesforce experience a must.
Job Conditions/Physical Demands :
U.S. and/or international travel required (overnight and weekend travels may apply). Walking, sitting, standing. Ability to sit at computer terminal for prolonged periods, use of keyboard.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Lead all aspects of business development, sales and relationships for customer account sites to insure customer satisfaction as cost effectively as possible.
2. Seek out potential customers in your assigned market and territories and become indispensable to them as their go-to solution provider.
3. Know your market and customer’s long-term plans and help position BMS to meet their needs in a timely fashion.
4. Enter all customer events, meetings, actions, quotes, forecasts and general business updates into Salesforce.com daily.
5. Coordinate meetings with customers to understand their requirements and/or expectations as well as identify new opportunities.
6. Negotiate customer contracts.
7. Communicate on a regular basis with customers, become their first point of escalation and incident management, own their issues, and gain their trust and respect. Manage customer problems through to an effective and acceptable point of resolution. Escalate issues to senior management when appropriate.
8. Serve as primary contact (internal and external) for all customer-specific issues.
9. Prepare weekly reports documenting any customer contact, activities, events, and action items and relay to customer support team (sales, service and applications).
10. Prepare sales forecast weekly.
11. Produce RFQ’s by following BMS processes.
12. Work closely with engineering, operations, and customer service representatives in servicing accounts.
13. Ensure all customer issues/problems are addressed with the objective of finding solutions and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
14. Coordinate and host customer meetings and conference calls.
15. Assist in other job duties as required.