Out of Service Technician
Be part of the advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions in Queens, New York. Work as an Out of Service Technician for an international transit manufacturer and parts distributor. This position is responsible for providing electrical expertise in the field on high voltage electric transit buses. The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or other related field and have experience with any of the following: buses, trains, automobiles, military vehicles, heavy equipment or aircraft.
Out of Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Work with advanced electric vehicle and hydrogen fuel cell technology; troubleshooting electronic, electrical (some mechanical) and high voltage issues, and resolving them.
- Install electrical systems and components in transit vehicles
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment
- Repair or replace parts, light fixtures, wiring, finder relays, motors, and other types of electrical equipment Identify and troubleshoot electrical problems with a variety of testing devices: ammeters, voltmeters, multimeters, cable testers, etc.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
Out of Service Technician Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or other related field
- Thorough knowledge of 12V and 24V, 600 V and air conditioning systems
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of multi-plex systems.
- Ability to work from blueprints, process sheets, schematics, and instructions as required
- Electrical troubleshooting skills and experience
- Experience with electrical wiring, circuit testing, troubleshooting and general repair
- Solid customer service skills
- PLC and ladder logic experience preferred
- High voltage experience and hydrogen training or certification preferred
- General knowledge of transit bus/hybrid and/or electric drive systems ideal but not necessary
This position requires use of a personal vehicle
Job Types: Full-time, Contract