LaserShip is an e-commerce parcel carrier that provides delivery solutions for shippers that desire reduced transit times and increased flexibility within their supply chain. Founded in 1986, LaserShip has evolved into the leading provider of same-day and next-day delivery services for e-commerce and product- supply businesses, including five of the largest e-retailers in the U.S. LaserShip, with over 60 offices in 20 states, is the leading east coast provider of e-commerce delivery services.
We are seeking a full time General Manager to assist in leading delivery/distribution operations in a fast-paced warehouse environment. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Maintain primary responsibility for all operations for a prominent clients
- Lead a staff of 30-40 internal employees
- Build business relations with and provide oversight of up to 200 independent contractors
- Be able to create, develop and implement best practices to drive efficiency and accuracy
- Monitor costs and productivity; build a profitable operation
- Provide motivation, training, discipline and development of workforce
- Exceed requirements set forth by both company and client
In addition to a robust skill set that includes the ability to work independently, problem solve and communicates effectively, the ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 years management experience, preferably in a logistics/3PL environment
- Ability to lead others
- Experience in managing and producing costs/profits
- Effective at meeting deadlines
- Experience with hiring, training, motivating, disciplining and completing performance evaluations for employees
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis on MS Office
- BA/BS in business or related discipline
- Strong Distribution Background is a plus
This is an excellent opportunity for a front-line manager or recent college grad to join an organization that is experiencing tremendous growth.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
All positions will require background investigations for criminal and drug tests.
Experience and Education
- Proficiency in business office computing, logistics and mapping applications
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Preferred experience in ergonomics, safety and training
LaserShip, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as Negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback