Title: Annual Fund Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: Resource Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Leadership Giving
About Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver:
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is part of a global housing organization that is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide. We construct, rehabilitate and preserve affordable houses; advocate for fair and just housing policies; and provide training resources to empower low-income families to be self-sufficient. Habitat Metro Denver has served more than 1,050 local families throughout its 40-year history in Denver and is in the top 10 of Habitat affiliates in the United States.
Habitat Metro Denver has a $29M annual budget with approximately 17% of cash revenues from charitable giving ($4.8M annually) including annual fund, sponsorships and major donor gifts.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Habitat Metro Denver seeks to hire a dynamic, innovative and goal-oriented professional to increase support from individual donors through its annual fund. This professional will have exceptional written and verbal communications skills. This person loves connecting with donors, talking on the phone, and getting to know the passions and interests that drive our supporters. The candidate will have the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, enjoy outreach and relationship building, and has a passion for Habitat’s mission and vision.
● Teamwork – has always embraced being part of a team and collaborating with colleagues, including leadership and volunteers.
● Learning - loves to learn new things and is always open to feedback, considering another’s opinion, and trying something new.
● Action-Oriented & Strategic – knows how to get things done, and is methodical about strategizing/planning, preparing, executing, and following-up.
● Persistence – clearly works toward goals despite roadblocks and rejections and is ready to try a new strategy.
● Relationships – thrives on cultivating relationship and isn’t afraid of possible rejection.
● In partnership with Director of Leadership Giving, help strategize and execute a fundraising plan for the Annual Fund that includes prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for individual donors at
● Primary activities will include mail and email list strategy and execution, written proposals, and fulfillment of annual giving strategies such as monthly giving, vehicle donations, end-of-year appeals, core volunteer appeals, Colorado Gives Day, etc.
● In particular, oversee the growth and retention of monthly giving donors.
● Oversee, and implement strategies for individual donors with the goal of identifying major gifts prospects for the Director of Leadership Giving (e.g. >$1,000).
● Provide strategic and logistical support for cultivation and stewardship events that target and engage individual donors, including: Breakfast for Humanity, Behind the Build, VIP Leadership Gathering, CEO Build, Women Build, etc.
● Collaborate with Habitat Metro Denver senior leadership, board members, volunteers and other natural partners to build stronger relationships to move donors forward.
● Utilize donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to log activity with donors, and partner with database staff to provide reporting and analysis to review progress and guide strategy.
● Create and prepare cultivation and solicitation communication (letters, proposals and reports) for individual donors when necessary.
● Assist with broad-based fundraising administrative support and prospect research as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
● Highly collaborative in approach; possess energy, professionalism, motivation to work independently and proactively, and a drive to achieve goals.
● Excellent written and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with external and internal constituents.
● Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Outstanding organizational skills are a must.
● Demonstrate interest, energy and passion for Habitat’s mission, values and integrity in all aspects of the job.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LISCENCE & CERTIFICATION:
● Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years proven success in non-profit development or sales.
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and Raiser’s Edge software (or equivalent fundraising database) preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate based on experience. The starting range for this position is $17.00 - $20.29/hour.
Benefits available include medical, dental and vision insurance options; 401k savings match; Paid Time Off for vacation, sick and holidays; among other options.
Please send resume and cover letter to Richelle Rothman at URL blocked - click to apply for consideration.