To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5 Garrett Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
UM Charles Regional Medical Center • La Plata, MD
Posted 14 days ago
Directs administrative and technical activities of the Security & Safety Department. Educates the staff. Develops and implements hospital policies and procedures. Maintains a secure environment. Promotes operational efficiency & effectiveness. Demonstrates effective supervision & leadership.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in a related field required; Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Three years of Security experience required.
- Experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Three years supervisory experience required.
Licensure & Certification:
- Basic International Association for Hospital Safety & Security (IAHSS) Certification and IAHSS Supervisor Certification preferred.
- Certification Nonviolence Crisis Intervention, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) required.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws.
- Knowledge of federal and state Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) laws and regulations.
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality and rights of patients and confidentiality of health system and departmental documents required.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, CMS, and other regulatory agencies related to healthcare required.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with patients, physicians, health system officials, other health system personnel and the general public is essential.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding professional and technical areas.
- Ability to identify problems, develop course of action and follow through to resolution.
- Demonstrated proper professional judgment, discretion and a "sense of the appropriate."
Will work in a clean, well-lighted environment.Works in all areas of hospital, with exposure to combative patients, fluctuating temperatures, and loud noise. Requires walking and standing approximately 70% of the time, requires sitting approximately 30% of the time. Requires handling combative patients, that may weigh in excess of 100 lbs.; requires pushing, pulling and lifting equipment and supplies weighing up to 100 lbs. approximately 30% of the time. Requires visual acuity and manual dexterity to operate tools and equipment. Potential for exposure to disagreeable elements, such as odors, fumes, hot temperatures and occasional stressful situations. Potential for exposure to communicable diseases and/or blood and body substances and hazardous materials requiring the observance of Standard Precautions and safe handling practices.
UM Charles Regional is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.