To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1056 Wellington Way
Lexington, KY 40513
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sleep Outfitters • Lexington, KY
Posted 2 months ago
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Reports to: Controller
Summary: The Payroll Coordinator is an important role within the IMS corporate team. This individual will be responsible for the administration of Payroll/Compensation for over 350 Exempt and Non-Exempt employees at our corporate headquarters and multi-state retail store locations utilizing ADP.
This role requires an Accounting Professional with strong attention to detail, the ability to work well with all levels of associates, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Manage maintenance of time clock for designated hourly employees and PC for designated salaried employees.
· Manage regularly scheduled “exception” reporting.
· Communicate with managers of hourly employees to resolve any outstanding issues.
· Responsible for management of vacations, accruals, PTO (paid time off) and reporting to Human Resources department.
· Correspond with ADP and other vendors on a regular basis.
· Management of changes facilitated from HR with regards to taxes, benefits, and garnishments.
· Generate payroll related journal entries for General Ledger.
· Provide training for new employees with regards to the input of schedules/time on the ADP system.
· Calculating monthly commissions for Sales Associates, Drivers, and Driver Assistants or any other commission-based position.
· Resolving discrepancies and any questions concerning compensation, deductions, or check distribution.
· Process payroll: enter necessary master file data, set up Leaves of Absence, produce and balance payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
· Process all garnishment, child support and levies: complete and return forms, notify employees, calculate and set up deductions and third-party vendors.
· Control payroll, banking information including the issuance of manual checks, stop payments, producing daily reports reflecting potential problems and interfacing with the bank on occasional issues.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and skills:
· Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
· Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
· Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
· Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
· Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
· Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
· Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
· Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
· Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
· Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
· Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
Ideal Candidate Possesses these attributes:
· 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment
· Strong Analytical, problem Solving and decision-making skills
· Expertise with Microsoft Office and ADP
· Advanced Excel Skills
· Ability to utilize and manipulate data from multiple sources to build insightful analysis
· Excellent modeling skills including the ability to build long term models