Sr. Power / Electrical Engineer needed for heavy industrial facilities projects!
• Makes requests for/recommendations about project resourcing and talent development for Power Team projects.
• Manages project team activities, communicates changes and progress. Coordinates to complete projects within scope, on time and on budget with safety and quality requirements met.
• Manages risk, assigns tasks to and directs engineers and project team members.
• Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments. Develops and maintains project deliverables lists for all active projects.
• Tracks progress of project deliverables to ensure contract requirements are met per schedule.
• Develops and assists with proposal development for professional services.
• Decides the kind and extent of engineering and related process needed based off contract requirements for accomplishing the objectives for the client and H2E.
• Develops technical standards and guidelines.
• Leads the engineering process via the Quality Management System.
• Provides technical guidance, training, and development of power system engineers.
• Manages Client expectations during project execution, within contract requirements, and manages scope creep.
• Make recommendations about project resourcing and talent development within the Power Team.
• Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level engineers and officers of other organizations.
• Represents the company and conducts presentations/technical papers at technical/industrial conferences
• Possesses exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with engineers, clients, vendors and other organizations.
• Demonstrates skills in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
Ownership / Growth / Direction
• Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations, with far-reaching impact on the organization.
• Continual self-improvement in latest technology and equipment in the industry.
• Assist in developing growth and mentoring plans for Entry Engineers through Senior Engineers.
• Models and inspires continuous improvement in others.
• Continual self-improvement in interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communications.
• Ability to resolve project related technical issues to move the team and the company forward
- Experience representative of 15+ years with a Consulting Engineering firm or in an industrial/utility environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Proven knowledge of electrical power system modeling techniques. (i.e. ETAP, SKM, and/or EasyPower)
- Substantiated expertise in design of medium/high voltage industrial and utility power systems
- Working knowledge of construction techniques
- PE licensed preferred or ability to obtain PE within one year of hire
- Ability to effectively obtain, develop and communicate technical information to both clients and customers
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively while managing multiple tasks.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and able to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment.
- Efficient in the use of MS Office software suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, OneNote, Project and Access.
- Must be eligible to work in the US. Canadians are welcome to apply. Must be able to pass a drug screen and a background check. Must be physically fit and able to climb stairs and ladders. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Coaching And Mentoring