Small Environmental Testing and Electronics Company specializing in EMI , Shock, Vibration Temperature, and Acoustics is in need of an Electronics Technician.
This position will be responsible for conducting and performing EMI test functions and/or electronic equipment troubleshooting and calibration.
* Setup and fixture tests as directed and in accordance with procedures provided.
* Conduct tests and calibrations using computer operated systems and software.
* Identify testing problems during program, reporting any anomalies to management and customers.
* Record test results, outcomes, and complete test logs for inclusion in formal documents.
* Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintain equipment by repairing and replacing components, circuits, and electronic devices following schematics, applying principles of electronics science and calibration in accordance with procedures.
* Complete preventive maintenance schedules by inspecting and testing components, circuits, and electronic devices.
* Maintain safe test environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Minimum of a 2 year associate degree in a related discipline or related military training is preferred. For an outstanding candidate, equivalent work experience may be considered instead of formal training.
Qualified candidates should have good communication skills, organizational skills, be proficient using a computer, and have sound analytical problem solving and documentation skills. Ideal candidates will have experience with spectrum analyzers, power electronic circuits, troubleshooting knowledge of electronic circuits at the components level and a good mechanical aptitude.