To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
59Th & Baltimore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19143
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Behavioral Health Worker (School)
WES Health System • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WES Health System, a well-established community-based agency, serving a culturally diverse population in Philadelphia has temporary full-time openings in our School Therapeutic Services Programs.
The position is generally scheduled as Monday through Friday from 8am to 3:45pm.
The Behavioral Health Worker may work up to 35 hours per week.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Behavioral Health Worker meeting the requirements of a Therapeutic Staff Support, will implement specific school based behavioral plan, track measurable objectives, and communicate progress through notes, reports and supervision.
ESSENTIAL & CORE FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides mental health interventions to a range of consumers. Monitors consumers’ behaviors emphasizing prevention rather than intervention.
2. Assists teacher and or unique caregiver with implementation of behavioral plan.
3. Supervises/monitors activities of child/adolescent in accordance with the behavioral plan with the emphasis on prevention rather than intervention.
4. Intervenes as needed with problem behaviors that are exhibited, which includes but are not limited to counseling, removing them from the area, verbal prompts, securing the assistance of clinical staff, etc.
5. Prevents crisis situation however when necessary deescalate children in crisis.
6. Collaborates with school personnel, and unique caregivers as directed by the Clinician.
7. Completes and submits progress notes, encounter data, outcome data as required.
8. Attends and participates in supervision, family meeting and staff meetings.
9. Assists Clinician with groups.
10. Inputs outcome data into computer system.
11. Collects outcome data for consumers.
12. Follow-ups on all consumers needing hospitalization.
13. Completes all paperwork within specified time frames.
14. Adheres to WES’ Code of Ethics and comply with State Mental Health Code.
15. Attends trainings as required by WES.
16. Participates in continuous quality assurance and/or program development.
17. Complies with WES’ standards for service delivery.
18. Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
19. Performs assigned duties during the summer months when school is not in session.
20. Completes home and community visits.
PREREQUISITES & QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following disciplines, which includes Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice or other Human Service field. If one of the above degrees is held, no work experience is required. If the worker is a Licensed Registered Nurse, 1 year verified full-time paid experience working in direct contact with children/adolescents is required. “Other Bachelor’s Degree requires 1 year verified full-time paid experience* working in direct care with children/adolescents is required.
Associate’s Degree, 60 credits toward a Bachelor’s Degree or a Licensed Practical Nurse with three (3) years verified full-time paid work experience working in direct contact with children/adolescents is required.
*Note that if a practicum was required for the degree, it cannot be counted as work.
*Full-time work with children/adolescents means: MH, MR, early intervention, children & youth, juvenile justice system, education, drug & alcohol, daycare or health systems.
2. Knowledge of CASSP, community resources and managed care systems preferred.
3. Valid FBI clearance, criminal history check and child abuse history clearance required.
4. Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services (must be completed with three (3) months of hire and then annually from the date of the initial training).
5. Crisis training, CPR and First Aid training required.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
1. Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
2. Solid oral and written communication skills including business writing, proper grammar and spelling.
3. Good organization skills including the ability to prioritize work and manage conflicting deadlines.
4. The ability to work well with others.
5. The ability to handle conflicts with diplomacy and tact.
6. The ability to listen and evaluate objectively.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
WES Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer