To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Paul, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
ProKatchers • Saint Paul, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Senior Electrical Engineer performs the layout, construction, and evaluation of a variety of prototype Printed Circuit Boards, fixtures, and tools. Applies advanced engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems. Initiates the planning, organizing, performing, coordinating and/or directing of engineering work, and may conduct performance evaluations. Performs technical studies.
- Leads and/or participates on engineering teams in completing development projects.
- Completes system, analog, digital, and firmware designs. This includes setting and revising requirements and specifications, debugging, testing electrical circuits and systems, and completing documentation to ensure feasibility and
- verifiability of performance.
- Plans, coordinates, and assists in executing the activities of development teams in support of project goals.
- Effectively communicates the project successes, risks, and roadblocks to the appropriate management levels.
- Identifies and mitigates project risks.
- Conceptualizes new designs using technical expertise and innovative approaches.
- Interfaces with various internal functions, outside consultants, vendors, and the medical community.
- Establishes test methods and model development
- Ensures compliance with procedural and documentation requirements of SJM, FDA and ISO design controls
- Supports and leads design reviews
- Leads and contributes to strategic initiatives for continuous improvement
- Solves complex and diverse technical problems by applying sound judgment, creativity, appropriate data analysis, and technical expertise.
- 7+ years of experience in product development/engineering with a significant portion in medical devices or other highly regulated industry
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is required.
- Printed circuit board design, schematic entry, and design simulation
- FPGA/VHDL design experience
- Embedded firmware design experience
- Familiarity with IEC 60601 family of standards
- Statistical analysis, or similar tool set