Great client, great time to join their growing team!
The role of Security Specialist-Cybersecurity will work within the Security Operation and Analysis Center (SOAC). This is a Tier 1 position and provides 24x7 coverage, continuous monitoring, and initial analysis of alarms based on a thorough set of case best practices. The Tier 1 role is responsible for engaging the customer and supporting the Tier 2 and senior level managers as needed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring multiple platforms and processing alarms based on standard methods and procedures while upholding the time-sensitive service level agreements of the projects.
- Manage the initial phase of customer escalations and investigations. Responsible for communication between tiers and with the customers during these scenarios.
- Conduct log queries to assist customer requests and tiered support.
- Monitor current SIEM rules. Should possess the knowledge to identify and communicate opportunities to enhance rules, reduce false positives, and escalate to support tiers if tuning is needed.
- Ability to communicate and think effectively under pressure
- Preferred experience with the following technologies: ArcSight, USM, elastic search, and SNORT
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages to include: Python, PowerShell, and BASH
- Responsible for maintaining and continuing education that is relevant to the industry and grow capabilities to support the ever-changing threat landscape.
- US Citizen
- HSPD-12 Suitability Screening
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Bachelor of science degree in the field of Computer science, Computer engineering, information technology, or Cybersecurity
Preferred - one or a few certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
- AVSE Certification
- Ability to acquire a TS Clearance
- Additional Certifications Preferred:
- Cisco CCNA Cyber Ops
- CompTIA Linux +
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Certified
Giac Certified Intrusion Analyst
Giac Certified Forensics Analyst
Global Information Assurance Certification
Comp Tia Linux+