We are seeking an Outside Service Representative who can provide excellent customer support in their assigned territory surrounding Elkhart, IN.
This person will call on Window and Door Producers, Metalworking Shops, Woodworking Facilities, Extruders, Copper Manufacturers, Tile Makers, Furniture Manufacturers, Cabinet Makers, Lumber Yards, Truss Manufacturers, Pallet Makers, Millworking Facilities, Countertop Producers, Laminate Processors, and Other Manufacturers.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Associates degree with three years’ experience in a customer support role within the manufacturing or industrial industries OR five years account management within manufacturing, tooling or machinery industry OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, Technical, or business-related discipline with two years of relevant experience. Candidates with military experience will be considered to have met these requirements.
- Must have a minimum of three years customer service, account management, sales, sales support, or service representative experience within B2B sales. Preferably face to face contact.
- Must be able to use technology that supports the role proficiently. ( MS Office, Outlook, company cloud-based resources)
- Knowledge of carbide tipped saw blades, mortise, boring, up spiral & down spiral bits, Hoggers, Profile Cutters, and other cutting tools helpful.
- Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new systems and technologies.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be required.
- The work environment is primarily in the field at a customer facility. Must be able to work effectively in environmental conditions such as cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust, mist, gas, fumes, walking or climbing, etc.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Have a safe driving record and able to pass a background check.
- US Citizen.
- Travel daily in your company provided vehicle to support customers in the industrial and manufacturing industry.
- Build rapport and provide personalized customer service to satisfy the customer’s current and future needs.
- Identify new opportunities and applications to assist with driving revenue.
- Work closely with other team members and supervisors to ensure customers receive excellent support and service.
- Be proactive in meeting or exceeding all assigned operational, customer experience, and service level metrics within the territory.
- Able to use technology to track customer stock levels, track orders, maintain communication with the customer and other supporting services.
- Evaluate territory and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies. Be able to communicate your evaluation with a proposed plan, both verbally and written to supervisor.Ex. Development of efficient route coordination/planning based on customer future needs.