We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth and learning.
- Manage all aspects of a youth’s case as assigned by the POS supervisor, including but not limited to coordinating services, resources, families and professionals who are involved with the case, preparing and presenting staffings/child & family team meetings, coordinating educational placements, acting as a liaison between funders, families, court systems, and community resources.
- Under the guidance/supervision of the Residential & Foster Care Programs, the POS Case Specialist will follow and implement DCFS policies and procedures, including but not limited to Residential & Foster Care required elements, runaway procedures (including reporting 906’S), unusual incident report procedures, case review procedures, court proceedings and educational placements.
- Meet with the POS supervisor on a weekly basis for monitoring and supervision.
- Under the direction of the POS supervisor, the POS Case Specialist collects/compiles data, maintains accurate records and progress notes utilizing both computerized and hard copy files/records. Completes appropriate DCFS and agency forms and paperwork. Prepares and/or presents various reports in staffings, meetings, or court proceedings. Completes required documents and case notes in SACWIS.
- Works closely with youth and family team members including but not limited to biological family, foster family, GAL, DCFS personnel, community resources, and any other ancillary members.
- Assist with all aspects of placement transition including but not limited to discharge from residential or other agencies, movement to permanency and movement between living arrangements.
- Ensures sibling and family visits when required or when appropriate.
- Provides or arranges for the transportation of clients to home visits, medical appointments, psychological/psychiatric evaluations, court appointments, and other appointments as necessary. Ensures appropriate sources are notified of client appointments.
- Attends court and ACRs and prepares related reports. Assists in the coordination of ancillary reports from therapists and other professionals that serve clients.
- Attends and participates in various regular departmental and Agency meetings. This includes regular multi-disciplinary staffings such as comprehensive reviews, youth and family team meetings, clinical meetings, comprehensive treatment plans, case monitoring, and extended updates for assigned clients. Assists with establishing goals for assigned clients at staffings.
- Maintains familiarity with community resources and establishes community contacts. Assists other Agency staff in establishing community linkages.
- Assists with the development of client treatment plans and goals for clients; recommends on-going modifications/updates as needed. Maintains regular communication with appropriate staff, referring funding sources, and families of assigned clients regarding the clients’ progress in the program and other pertinent information.
- Provides crisis management services including being on call or available when requested or required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
Job type: Full time
Location: Lake Villa, IL
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association)
Related search terms: Child Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit, Children, Family , Kids, Sociology,Mental Health Specialist, Autism, Registered Behavior Training, RBT, POS Case Specialist, Case Specialist,