Under minimal supervision, installs, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components for marine/powerboat applications. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
· Installs, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to electrical harnesses, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
· Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment, local and national electrical codes.
• Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to the following:
URL blocked - click to apply
• 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
URL blocked - click to apply• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
URL blocked - click to apply• A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
• Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
• Ability to climb into boats and small areas, and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
• Must be highly safety conscious.
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
• Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required. High school diploma or GED required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that a typical in a boat manufacturing or repair business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is exposed to various hot or cold weather conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations