Job Description Summary
Provide strategic direction, leadership, and oversight of Materials Sourcing, Production Planning, Warehousing, and Process Control functions to ensure schedule attainment and customer satisfaction. Ensure a process based planning and material flow system is in place with short, medium, and long term supply plans meeting quality, cost, and delivery needs. Actively support Lean with projects resulting in continuous sustainable improvement.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and accomplish the MTP (Mid Term Plan) objectives that support the company's strategy to maximize profit and continuous improvement.
- Direct budget development of supervised departments and actively support performance with monthly report review and spending controls.
- Direct and develop a professional procurement function that assures quality conformance, lowest material cost and best-time delivery for internal operations and for our customers.
- Lead and execute lean continuous improvements in supervised departments to include Kaizen events and process improvements.
- Direct Process Control function, seeking to maximize efficiency and minimize Engineering Order processing throughput time while minimizing EO scrap cost.
- Direct Receiving and Warehousing operations, support and deploy effective technology and warehouse system design while supporting operational safety, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Manage inventory to optimum levels, expanding pull system programs where feasible
- Develop and implement a material flow strategy that utilizes best in class practices for maximum efficiencies.
- Manage the analysis and execution of the MRP system, Master Schedule, from planning through shop floor control activities.
- Create / modify processes and procedures for the smooth implementation and utilization of the Infor Syteline MRP/ERP system.
- Create, monitor, and maintain reporting tools to document data based performance of departments supervised.
4 year degree
Program of Study
Business or Engineering
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in inventory and purchasing management may be waived for relevant experience in alternate discipline.
- Minimum of six (6) years of supervisory experience in development, motivating, conducting performance reviews and assignments, and monitoring of goals and objectives.
- Master scheduling and production planning experience.
- Experience with MRP System applications.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles are understood and practiced
- Link-Belt Quality System, including ISO 9000 principles
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of inventory management and control principles
- Knowledge of modern warehouse management systems and technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative/integrative style of working to accomplish objectives
- Possesses a decisive goal oriented and priority focused approach, views teamwork and partnership as a primary means to achieve objectives
- Business acumen and a strong bias for action
- Strong analytical skills
- Team building skills with a strong process orientation
- Demonstrated skills at utilizing PC software including Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong project management skills
** Link-Belt Cranes does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies**
Process Improvements (Business)
Material Requirements Planning