We are looking for colleagues to join us as Forklift Operators in our Ontario, CA plant. In this position, you will be primarily responsible for driving a sit-down forklift to deliver raw materials to production, occasionally take finished goods to the warehouse, and/or load trucks for shipment of orders. This position is also responsible for a variety of other tasks involved with keeping production running smoothly and the overall cleanliness and organization of the plant.
· Prior forklift experience required – Certification preferred, but not required.
· Clamp truck experience a plus.
· Ability to operate a forklift to move pallets, raw materials, products and waste within the plant in a safe manner
· Ability to read various measurement equipment including a tape measure
· Ability to operate various hand tools including a pneumatic nail gun and circular saw
· Ability to read and interpret work orders
· Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision
· Excellent attendance required
· Lifting up to 50 pounds
· Visually inspecting products, aisle ways and forklift
· Communicating with employees and management
· Sitting on lift for approximately 75% of the workday, remainder of time spent stooping, bending, lifting and moving about plant
· Operate gas or electric forklift for majority of shift, moving pallets, racks and boxes about plant
· Remove strapping/and or stretch film on pallets as needed
· Deliver correct raw materials to production lines per work orders
· Build pallets for lines using wood, a pneumatic nail gun and a circular saw.
· Requires measuring of pieces and cutting to specifications and nailing in place.
· Clean waste tubes from lines on a consistent basis, weigh waste and place in baler area
· Assist at baler area as needed
· Assist on production lines or in warehouse as needed
· Perform other duties assigned by management as required
- Forklift Safety
- Forklift Truck
- Handle Heavy Object
- Material Handling