The Systems Analyst will enhance business capability through analyzing, designing, and implementing information systems while providing top level information system support with regard to day-to-day business information system activity. This role will work with other team members (Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Business Representatives) to troubleshoot, maintain, and enhance the Windchill PLM system. The role will also require assistance and help with applications and technologies that are core requirements for the Defense Engineering IT team. Ensuring functional designs and solutions are stable, reliable and scalable for the information technology systems. The role is also responsible for verifying production applications are operating at optimal levels through the quality application delivery; and quickly and accurately correcting production issues as needed.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
· Deploy, debut, maintain, and enhance our PLM infrastructure (Windchill)
· Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs to correct errors, isolate areas for improvement, and debug issues.
· Responsible for translating functional specs into technical specs.
· Troubleshoot technical issues and identify resolution.
· Provide technical support to the HelpDesk in regard to issue status and resolution, maintaining incidents and problems within ServiceNow, and communicate work status and escalation of any technical issues.
· Test, implement, and document projects with direction and assistance from others.
· Learn, understand, and practice Oshkosh project methodology.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
· Two (2) or more years of experience in Software Development, Information Technology, or in a related area.
· Understanding of best practices approach and thinking of whole systems not one-off solutions.
· Experience in information system implementation or change efforts.
· Computer analytic and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with internal/external entities.
· Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
· Familiarity with a PLM, PDM applications or systems: Preferred candidates would have experience with Windchill.
· .Net Development experience
· Java Development experience
· Experience working with Oracle DB’s.
· Experience working with Windows Server operating systems.
Write Technical Specification
Maintain Enterprise Application
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)