This position is responsible for leading the development and validation of Electrical Systems for battery packs, including the Battery Management System and Power System. The Electrical Systems Manager must have a focus on Safety and Reliability. The Electrical Systems Manager will lead a team of 5-8 Engineers/Technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage efficient working of Battery Electrical System Development Team and ensure compliance to company policies and regulations.
- Develop strategies to design new products and incorporate effective technology to ensure a dominant position in market.
Establish methods to improve technology resources for the company and ensure effective product [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Battery Electrical Systems Manager
Ensure appropriate implementation of all methodologies and development [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Battery Electrical Systems Manager
- Analyze and document product specifications for targeted applications.
- Coordinate with directors and senior members and ensure appropriate utilization of resources.
- Work closely with pack system engineering to determine the electrical architecture of the battery pack system.
- Develop corporate HV safety requirements and best practices for the pack system and components.
- Develop and maintain the Battery Management System (BMS), HV Bus and electrical signal distribution systems for Lithium Metal based Battery Pack Systems.
- Design or specify I/O signal conditioning electronics, thermal management controls, circuit protection and switching architectures between the battery modules and the Battery Management System (BMS), as well as between the BMS and the vehicle controller via CAN.
- Integrate connectors, sensors, switches and electrically-driven thermal management components into overall battery pack system architecture.
- Formally release work products (specifications, designs) into use, including appropriate internal and customer-specific sign-off and release steps.
- Develop designs which meet customer-specific functional and performance requirements, while maximizing sub-assembly design re-use and tool re-use.
- Lead Value Engineering activities relative to mechanical design, including Design-for-Manufacturing (DFM) and Design-for-Assembly (DFA), and benchmarking of existing internal and public-domain designs to incorporate best practices.
- Develop and maintain core and application-specific engineering specifications.
- Develop product validation and verification plans at the module and battery pack assembly level. Assist in the development of comprehensive design verification and validation plans, including environmental testing, fixtures and acquisition systems.
- Perform Technical Design Reviews within our company, affiliated companies, suppliers and customers. TDRs will be expected at the Concept, Detailed Design, and Production Sign-off stages.
- Lead Quality and Reliability efforts (e.g., DFMEA, Robustness Assessments, Key-Life Testing) relative to electrical design and manufacturing.
- Implement processes for efficient on-going project management, including feedback of lessons learned, continuous improvement, and reuse of specifications and designs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum 10 years of experience in design, release, validation and production of electrical power and signal distribution systems/networks.
· BS in EE/ME required; Masters degree or additional experience (i.e., beyond 10 years) in the electronics industry is strongly desired.
· Experience in microcontrollers and firmware.
· Previous experience in batteries and battery systems.
· Experience managing development projects and team members.
· Experience in circuit board design, low and high voltage wiring design, tooling and manufacturing.
· Experience in automotive or commercial truck OEM product release processes including Engineering Release, PPAP and PSW is a plus.
· Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP).
· Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Must have battery experience
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Design Failure Mode And Effects Analysis
Production Part Approval Process
Design For Manufacturability (Industrial Design)
Benchmarking (Project Management)