Our key client is a Fortune 200 Energy company and looking to add a Sales Specialist to their team in Houston, TX. This is a 6-month contract opportunity with the possibility of extension. This position would be working out of their downtown office and any travel will be reimbursed. Please let us know if you are interested in hearing more!
The Face to Face Sales Representative will be responsible for identifying and managing business relationships with new electricity customers in the Texas market. Will identify prospects and profitably sell new electricity products and services within a designated sales territory to small and medium sized commercial customers.
- Profitably sell electricity products and services to targeted end-use customers. Identify and qualify sales prospects, make effective presentations and close sales within an acceptable time frame. Can change tactics midstream as needed.
- Aggressively pursue, track, and final disposition all leads assigned from all provided leads.
- Manage the ongoing business relationships with assigned customer base by maintaining contact as needed, promoting incremental products and services, resolving customer issues and renewing expiring contracts when assigned.
- Support the internal service delivery system by working cooperatively and effectively with all members of the service delivery team. Provide all information necessary to service customer agreements and ensure completion of all necessary customer agreements, to include expense submissions, time worked tracking, and completed field documents. All submitted material will be neat and clearly legible.
- Maintain neat and orderly supply of field needs such as blank forms, customer incentives, and other required paperwork.
- Actively seek out and recommend new products and services that increase profitability of new customers (and existing customers if assigned) via customer presentations and cold calls.
- Assist with the development and testing of new electricity products/services through continuous discovery of customer needs.
- Maintain high awareness of the competitive environment, electricity marketing trends, and current pricing strategies and utility tariffs.
- Ability to meet defined sales/financial goals and objectives.
- Represent company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Participate in professional associations, chambers of commerce, economic development corporations, as well as seek out creative non-traditional ways sell electricity and related products
- Enter field information into customer relationship management system.
- Attendance and active participation in required meetings and training sessions.
- Earn commissions!
- Fast-paced, high-activity environment.
- Some travel required
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- Majority of the work will be conducted in the field calling on prospect locations.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, marketing or related discipline preferred
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial sales background dealing with small and mid-sized commercial customers through Door-2-Door is preferred.
- Ability to persuasively explain multiple products to a diverse group of business customers.
- Knowledge of deregulated electric market preferred.
- Must be able to work and excel in an independent environment without daily supervision.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
Operate Cash Register