To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7445 New Technology Way
Frederick, MD 21703
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Network & Security Engineer
Carey International, Inc • Frederick, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provides primary support for corporate IT Networks and Network Security in a 24x7 environment. Is responsible for the management of network equipment and services. Works as a key part of the IT Security Team. Leads projects by recommending solutions to network strategy and security issues, as well as providing network-engineering solutions/options for the organization by performing the following duties.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
Experience: At least five (5) years of experience as a lead Network Engineer
Certifications: Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching
Cisco CCNP Security
· Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with systems management, technical support staff application users, and technical staff.
· Proficient with the following:
o Managing multiple blended MPLS and Edge Networks
o Routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
o IT Security Principals and their practical implementation
o PCI and other IT Security Compliance regimes
o VOIP for trunking and end points
o Cisco equipment and related systems including routers, Firewalls, Nexus and Catalyst switches, IDS/IPS, ISE, etc.
o Dynamic Load Balancing technologies such as F5
Attributes and Characteristics:
· Ability and willingness to be on-call for 24/7 operational support and to work late and off hours for both regular maintenance and emergency operations.
· Ability to travel to any of the Company’s locations at short notice, also expected travel for routine upgrades and maintenance.
· Mature judgment and ability to assess alternatives to business needs and implications
· Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.