· The Designer produces designs and layouts per project specifications and technical requirements.
· Prepares construction quantity estimates for concrete foundations, earthwork grading, cut/fill volumes, pavement, structural steel, earthmoving, and related civil/land development.
· Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of design intent, and selects required information from existing drawings, guidelines, etc.
· Creates assembly drawings, component design, and detail drawings. Solves complex design and manages coordination requirements, and effectively coordinates work with other disciplines or groups within the company.
· Completes design and documentation of a work package.
· Work involves planning, organizing and coordinating variety of simple to complex projects.
· Vocational or Associates Degree in Structural Design with applicable experience with 3D Modeling tools.
· BSCET or ASCET preferred but not required.
· 4 to 12 years designing/drafting experience or related technical experience with civil/structural design of industrial type facilities.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish project deadlines.
· Comprehensive understanding of drafting concepts, practices, and procedures for design, drafting, layout and detailing of foundations, steel, and concrete structures.
· Understanding of steel fabrication and erection processes, knowledge of construction materials, constructions details and techniques.
· Knowledge of the discipline with understanding of how concepts/theories should evolve or apply.
· Knowledge of design codes, fabrication and construction techniques, and industry standards.
· Proficiency in 3D Modeling with AutoCAD and CADWorx, and file import and export to and from AutoCAD and CADWorx.
· Familiarity of additional 3D packages preferred but not required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
· Understanding and knowledge of plot plan, equipment layout development, foundation and utilities layout, foundation materials, and site grading.
· Knowledge and experience in Civil 3D, earthwork grading, cut/fill volumes, pavement, earthmoving, and related civil/land development preferred but not required.