Balducci's Food Lovers Market is seeking a General Store Manager to work within our stores in the Maryland/Virginia Metro Area. Our stores are located in Alexandria, McLean and Reston, Virginia as well as Bethesda, Maryland. The ideal candidate will be a retail food management professional with a broad range of knowledge, experienced in providing great customer service, high-quality product and financial results in a clean, well-organized environment directly and through their leadership of others. Strong visual merchandising skills are essential.
Provide effective leadership by hiring, developing, coaching and directing employee performance to achieve service, quality, safety and profitability standards.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the overall operation of the store and all related aspects
- Compliance with company policies and procedures as well as compliance with all local, state, federal laws and regulations including those relating to food safety, OSHA and employment
- Promote sales and operational goals through effective product management, staffing, scheduling, training and development, and leadership
- Planning, monitoring, and executing all P&L objectives and ensure goals are met by improving operations and efficiencies to build sales, control labor, product and supply costs
- Successfully implements merchandising plans in order to meet the company and store objectives for displays, layouts, sales and profits.
- Generate, compile, analyze, and communicate reports efficiently and effectively
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of relevant retail experience in an upscale environment; be familiar with this market; and demonstrate excellent product knowledge and leadership skills along with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
Balducci's Food Lover's Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.
Training And Development