· Incorporate Design-Intent Models, contract documents and specifications, and the project team’s requests and expectations into visual detailing model that represent the intended mechanical, engineering and plumbing (MEP) for the project.
· Interface with responsible engineers, designers, other departments and suppliers to obtain expected results and use time efficiently.
· Provide BIM design and drafting support using new/existing product programs.
· Understand, interpret and identify interferences with architectural and structural details as they affect the MEP installations.
· Generate contract and internal company deliverables from models including tagging, dimensioning and generating fabrication spools and tickets.
· Experience in commercial HVAC ductwork or Plumbing detailing
· Ability to understand and articulate field conditions and issues related to HVAC or Plumbing layout and installation
· Ability to extract and create accurate, high level shop drawings
· Excellent attention to detail, high level of accuracy and ability to QC their own work
· Ability to focus and multi-task to meet deadlines
· HVAC Sheet Metal Detailers must possess knowledge of SMANCA Duct Construction Standards, Duct Leakage Testing, NFPA 90A, UL Requirements for Fire Dampers, and other applicable codes.
· Plumbing Detailers must possess knowledge of UPC, IPC and other applicable codes.
· Proficient with 3D AutoCAD (Revit a plus)
· Ability to work cooperatively with team members and maintain a positive and professional manner at all times
Dorvin D. Leis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
Product Quality Assurance