You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team and be a part of The Dayton Difference .
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It’s apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Shop Supervisors plan, schedule, coordinate and implement methods and procedures for the most efficient and economical repairs of equipment in an error-free manner; inspect and measure performance of maintenance personnel to improve overall Service Center operations.
Additional job duties include:
- Review daily maintenance schedule and confer with shift personnel
- Maintain excellent communication with internal and external customer relations, consistent with company policies
- Assist with training, development and evaluation of maintenance personnel; in conjunction with Shop Manager
- Ensures maintenance facility conforms to prescribed standards of safety and cleanliness
- Assist Shop Manager in the investigation, reporting and initiation of corrective actions for accidents and job related injuries
- Is knowledgeable and has understanding and application of company safety practices including DOT, EPA, ICC and OSHA rules and regulations
- Basic math skills
- Fluent in English
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Quick advancement
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
Keywords: maintenance technician, maintenance, maintenance tech, maintenance mechanic, general maintenance, maintenance manager, mechanic
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Customer Relationship Management