Java Developer (with Angular)
The Java Developer designs, develops, documents, unit-tests, implements and deploys web-based applications to support business requirements. He/ she must follow Client's' approved software development life cycle methodologies including Agile, Scaled Agile (SAFe®) and all processes as required from time to time.
A: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Interacts with the business analysis team to understand project requirements.
- Develops overall architecture/ product design documents, technical design specifications for individual modules and technology justifications for architectural considerations.
- Ensure integration of entire system or subsystem
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
- Develop Java and J2EE based web applications using Java frameworks including Angular 2+, JSF or Struts/Spring as required by customer.
- Develop secure web services.
- Create PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and associated PL/ SQL or SQL database scripts as needed.
- Develop build packages using Maven/ Apache Ant.
- Build Mobile Apps with Apache Cordova / Ionic Frameworks.
- Applies Web, Java and Oracle standard coding practices and industry standards.
- Applies Section 508/ WCAG Standards compliant software development methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
B: EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of Angular 2+ and Struts 2.0/Spring3.0+ is required
- Knowledge of Oracle Relational database is required
- Knowledge of CSS3 and SASS/ SCSS is required
- Knowledge of Telerik's Kendo UI, React, Node.js, ES7/ ES8 is preferred
- Knowledge of Ionic 4.0/ Apache Cordova integrations with Angular is preferred
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 Compliance is preferred
- Knowledge of Agile/ Scaled Agile methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience with the following technologies:
- Angular 2+
- Struts 2
- HTML 5
- SASS/ SCSS
- EJB 3/Hibernate
- Oracle with SQL, PL/SQL
C: EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS and/or MEMBERSHIPS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
Sun/ Oracle Certified Java Programmer desirable
D: COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
This job requires interaction with scientists, program managers, senior executives, end-users, programming staff, administration, and support personnel. The ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both orally and in written documents is critical.
Produce Clean Code