To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI
- Kim Herlitzka
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager (KH28678)
Baker Tilly Search & Staffing, LLC • Madison, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Accounting Manager (KH28678)
Our client is an industry leading company and a highly desired place to work! They are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, flexible schedule, excellent benefits, great amenities, and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. They pride themselves on promoting from within.
The Accounting Manager will be a part of the technical accounting team and be responsible for leading research on complex accounting, financial analysis and reporting activities. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Accounting Manager will conduct special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Research complex statutory and GAAP accounting issues and applies those principles to new and unusual transactions.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvements, including technology and automation efforts, as they relate to accounting processes.
- Leads, develops, maintains, updates and implements accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and ensures proper policy documentation and retention.
- Oversee and manage procedures for all key responsibilities to support internal controls over financial reporting and annually review these procedures and update accordingly.
- Assist internal and external audit staffs with their annual financial audits, and with audits of specific systems or operations.
- Proactively identifies and leads process improvement department initiatives.
- The Accounting Manager will assist with other duties and special projects as needed.
The Accounting Manager will possess the following:
- The Accounting Manager will have 4+ years’ accounting experience. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and financial reporting systems.
- The Accounting Manager will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer