To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leesburg, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Project Manager / Construction Engineer II
TMG Construction Corporation • Leesburg, VA
Posted 1 month ago
TMG’s Assistant Project Manager must demonstrate the ability to manage the cradle-to-grave aspects of the entire life-cycle of a small commercial and/or institutional design/build project or to support the project management process for larger projects. The Assistant Project Manager position includes an understanding of process management and the ability and agility to perform work that is contracted through a variety of delivery methods that include: indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ), Lump-Sum Contracting, Design/Build and Fast Track contracts. The Assistant Project Manager accomplishes work primarily by means of subcontractors; however the Assistant Project Manager has the capability of managing self-performed construction activities that benefit the project. Manage task order type and design/build projects.
Scope of Assistant Project Manager Position
Manages all aspects of project management for a small project with an approximate volume of $0-4 million or supports multiple small projects or a large project.
Essential Functions of Assistant Project Manager Position
Basic working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical or electrical discipline. Good analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling and reporting software tools. The ability to effectively communicate with management, subcontractors, customers and peer group. Ability to travel to different jobsites within a designated geographical area.
• Create, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of: individual projects or task orders, changes to projects or task orders, RFI, shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance, close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s). Analyze reports and use personal influence to create priorities that prevent delays to critical activities within the project;
• Work with subject matter experts to create, review and process shop drawings and other submittals that are required to document the construction process;
• Manage or support the change management process, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals, writing change orders and other related activities;
• Manage or support the estimating process by performing quantity surveys utilizing digitizers, 3D modeling software and paper based processes that obtain and summarize scope and quantities of work;
• Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software;
• Support the physical layout and acquire an understanding of the spatial relationships of the physical work: develop control line drawings, by using CADD to obtain additional dimensioning information, by reviewing and coordinating shop drawings and other activities that allows the various elements of work to correctly fit together;
• Negotiate and/or support the process of negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders;
• Maintain and regularly produce reports utilizing TMG and client specific workflow software such as TMG’s Project Center, USACE QCS/RMS, Prolog; etc.
• Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions;
• Assist in ensuring that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place;
• Provide timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, ICS, etc.
• Participate in manage activities that are related to project closeout to ensure timely completion;
• Assist with the evaluation of projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings;
• Participate in life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings and industry networking functions.
• B.S. degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 2-3 years of experience with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor or 5 years of directly related experience with no degree;
• Demonstrated experience estimating and managing self-performed work activities and subcontracted work;
• A basic to good understanding of construction means and methods associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and site work related thereto;
• Solid understanding/proficiency with spreadsheets, email and other software used in the construction industry.
• Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, First Aid and CPR;
• Current CQC certification issued by USACE / NAVFAC 1;
• Professional credentials – either Engineer in Training (EIT), or Associate Constructor (AC) in good standings; 1
• US Citizenship required for most positions.
1 A grace period of up to six months may be allowed to obtain stated credentials.