To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Boston, MA 02145
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Store Manager
Merlin Entertainments • Boston, MA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manage a team of fun driven and enthusiastic magic and memorable experience makers. We are now looking for an experienced Retail Operations Manager to join our Management Team. The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day smooth and profitable operation of our Retail, Food and Beverage, and Photo areas of our dynamic attraction. Through diligent work and optimal fun you will strive to achieve the financial targets as well as lead and develop your team.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the retail and photo opportunity areas, ensuring efficiency, safety, and world class customer service for our internal and external customer.
- Meet secondary spend, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and Mystery Visit targets while controlling labor costs, costs of sale, and other expenses.
- Assist with the implementation of cost control measures in all commercial spend areas, to ensure the maximization of profit at all times.
- Ensure the merchandising and display stock levels meet both brand standards and replenishment is carried out consistently.
- Accountable for monthly and annual inventory control.
- Oversee the timing of the stock orders to maximize key trading periods and factor in the lead times and IP rights involved for LEGO products.
- Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to guest service, and demonstrates the Merlin Values at every opportunity.
- Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace and in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
- Manages up to 5-6 direct reports; up to 20+ indirect reports. Works closely with HR to ensure all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with company policy and applicable laws.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of retail management experience
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi task as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of computer including Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
- Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
- Strong budget management and forecasting abilities.
- A natural team leader with a confident, assertive but approachable personality.
- Enthusiastic, boundless and infectious energy about the business and the ability to enthuse others.
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.