To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brooklyn, NY 11218
- Bud Harrison
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer
HireNexus • Brooklyn, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Vice President of Human Resources/CHRO
Industry: Specialty Healthcare
I am working with a multi-site specialty healthcare group that is seeking an experienced HR leader with experience in a multi-site healthcare group. This organization focuses on assisting parents who's child may fall on the autism spectrum. This group uses various techniques to increase useful behavior and make learning enjoyable. With over 400 therapists in the group, they can offer personalized treatment to their patients.
This is a newly created position that will be both tactical and strategic in nature. That means that you would be involved with vendor management, strategy, team building, the integration of systems, hiring, organizational development, and benefits management. Essentially a high-level generalist that can manage multiple locations.
The most important qualification for this role will be someone who's managed a multi-site organization with a distributed work force, is a hands-on HR leader and a generalist.
The VP of HR is a new position to the company and will be responsible for driving company culture, strengthening values, establishing policies and procedures, and reinforcing the behaviors needed to support the company's strategy, objectives, and activities. The successful candidate is strategic, yet hands-on, as many aspects of the role require individual contributions at personal, staff, business, and technology levels. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the VP of HR will lead a geographically disbursed team, including a Director of HR and multiple field-based employees. As a member of the executive team, the VP of HR will partner with the CEO, the management team and operating leaders in managing the company’s ongoing evolution and growth
The VP of HR is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the business in accordance with the policies and practices of the business, the ethical and social consciences of business and society and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. S/He will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best people talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Construct and manage the detailed Human Resources roadmap to support the execution of the company’s vision.
- Provide focused, business-minded HR leadership, emphasizing HR’s measurable contribution to business success and business metrics (revenue growth, profitability, market share, customer service, expense, etc.).
- Recruit, motivate and develop a superior staff. Build and lead a talented, flexible, responsive world-class systems organization that has a high sense of urgency, is customer-oriented and exceptionally responsive.
- Establish credibility throughout the headquarter and field organizations, and set an example as a proactive senior leader and change agent who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of business objectives and goals.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the company.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and industry.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Fifteen or more years of progressive HR management experience in a fast-paced, high growth services business with hands-on knowledge of the unique demands of a distributed workforce with a patient-centric business is required. Healthcare, services, retail or other relevant business experience would be ideal.
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or a related field is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three years at the senior management or executive level in an organization of similar or larger size. SPHR Preferred
- Special skills which are required include, business acumen, strategic planning, organizational assessment, highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills, and quantitative analytical abilities
- Experienced in team building
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
I was very impressed with Nate’s attention to detail and making sure I had as much information and guidance as possible prior to my phone interview. His comments helped understand the employer’s perspective better.
Bruce, Chief Operating Officer in Kentucky