Automotive Sales Representative
Groove Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is seeking a qualified Sales Associates to join their growing team. This individual will be responsible for assisting customers in purchasing their new or used vehicle.
· Assisting customers who enter the dealership, answering their questions and helping them select a vehicle that is right for their needs
· Selling a minimum number of vehicles based on the goals and objectives defined by the sales manager.
· Explaining product performance, application and benefits to prospects and describing all optional equipment available for customer purchase. Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking questions and listening
· Deliver vehicles to customers. The delivery process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
· Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devise a strategy to meet those goals
· Report to the vehicle Sales Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews and analyses.
· Keep abreast of incoming inventory, features, accessories, etc., and how they benefit customers.
· Work with the service department and body shop to ensure that vehicles are reconditioned as expected and on schedule
· Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business. Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month and year to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively
· Introduce customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership’s service department.
· Offering test drives to all prospects and following dealership procedure to obtain proper identification prior to test drive
· Referring closed deals to the finance and insurance (F&I) manager along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title, etc.)
Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent required
Automotive sales background a plus but not required
Excellent customer service, organizational and negotiation skills
Self-motivated, goal-oriented and enthusiastic presence in a team environment
Strong written and communication skills
Valid driver's license required and clean driving record
Competitive pay structure
Competitive commission plan
Job training and career advancement opportunities
Medical, dental and vision plans