Radian is hiring a Vice President, Talent Organizational Development to join our Human Resources team. The ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge and best practices around adult learning theory, as well as general knowledge of all HR Functions (Benefits, Compensation, Talent Development, Recruiting, Employee relations, etc), including the general interrelation of core functions. We are looking for a candidate with working knowledge of learning management systems, instructional technology support tools, and survey tools. This position serves as a member of the HR Senior Leadership Team, participating in the department strategic planning and budgeting process. It is responsible for providing vision, leadership, planning and management of the Talent Development and Employee Communications function. This role will also ensure all programs align with our strategic business priorities, and drive the overall engagement, development, and retention of Radian employees. The position includes partnering with other functional areas and all levels of leadership to create and implement integrated solutions to address strategic business needs.
Incumbent will possess superior written and verbal communication skills, political savvy, and the ability to influence at all levels, including the C-suite.
Superior leadership skills are required to lead non-direct reports, colleagues, and senior level leaders through strategic analysis and project development, including the execution of initiatives.
Position requires the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of internal staff, external business partners and service providers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Talent Assessment: Lead enterprise-wide strategy for identifying and developing the agility of talent to move into lateral, functional, and/or leadership positions within the organization. This includes designing and implementing integrated talent solutions including executive and non-executive coaching, individual development planning, talent reviews, succession planning, and leadership development. Work closely with HR Business partners and business leaders to execute the strategy.
- Talent Development: Lead the design and implementation of employee, management, leadership, and team development initiatives. This includes acting as a consultant with the business to provide support to individuals and teams that help the organization to improve business performance while strengthening the organization for continued growth.
- OD Consultation and Leadership: Identifies and recommends opportunities to improve and align systems, processes, and resources across the organization; creates and implements an integrated approach to talent and culture management. Consults with team and organization on strategies aimed at maintaining a thriving culture, including strategic communications, programs, and initiatives.
- Facilitation: Provides teambuilding, leadership, professional development, and coaching support to organization, as needed.
- Communication: Drive HR communication strategy, ensuring consistency in voice, and in support of the organizational strategy, engagement and retention of talent;
- Develop business partnership with external vendors and service providers as needed.
- Lead and/or support various initiatives related to the yearly HR Plan and Priorities
- Planning, budgeting, and forecasting of departmental budget. Maintain awareness of vendor contracts, relationships, and maintenance.
- • In depth knowledge and best practices around adult learning theory, as well as general knowledge of all HR Functions
- (Benefits, Compensation, Talent Development, Recruiting, Employee relations, etc), including the general interrelation of
- core functions.
- • Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics, ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- • In depth knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, leadership and management technique and workforce planning.
- • In depth knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, instruction/coaching for individuals and groups, and measurement & evaluation methods.
- • Understanding of continuous process improvement methodologies
Skills and Abilities:
- • High degree of problem solving and decision making ability
- •Exceptional process mindset
- •Demonstrated excellence in change management theory and application
- •Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- • Excellent people management and leadership skills with the ability to engage, motivate and lead staff/teams
- • Ability to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards
- • Excellent organizational and time management skills
- • Ability to influence at all levels
- This position leads 3 exempt positions, located in multiple office locations.
Other Position Parameters:
- Working knowledge of learning management systems, instructional technology support tools, and survey tools.
Prior Work Experience:
- Technical: 10 - 15 years
- Supervisor: 5 - 8 years
Education and Credentials:
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or Organizational Development
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or similar; Preferred, but not required
Radian complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance in the application process please send an e-mail message to Email blocked - click to apply.