Our client in the DC Metro area is seeking a highly motivated and organized Staff Accountant to join their team. This position will be directly supporting the Assistant Controller.
Preferred experience with Unanet.
- The Staff Accountant will process and calculate bi-monthly payroll and employee expense reimbursements in Microsoft Excel and process within accounting software accurately and on a timely basis
- The Staff Accountant will process documentation for new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations
- The Staff Accountant will audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc. for correctness
- The Staff Accountant will prepare relevant management reports, including monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- The Staff Accountant will input vendor bills accurately into accounting software
- Ensure bills are paid on time and process payments on a weekly basis
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Prepare and send out timely invoices on a monthly basis
- Post payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions in accounting software
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Track and ensure payments are received on a timely basis and follow-up on past-due invoices
- Document standard operating procedures and controls
- Maintain schedules and reconciliations of prepaid expense and accounts payable/receivable balances
- Four-year college degree in any business related field preferred
- Experience with large ERP Accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong work ethic and proactive, positive attitude
- Ability to think critically and learn quickly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Exposure to tax accounting, adjustments, or relevant tax compliance
- Strong Excel skills
Standard Accounting Practices
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
HireStrategy is a full-service professional staffing firm providing contract, direct hire and executive search solutions for employers in the Washington DC area. Our diverse client base represents a wide range of industries, including technology and media, financial services, professional services, energy & green technology, federal services, education and non-profit organizations.
View the full profile
Our recruiters specialize in providing candidates with personalized career management advice and placement services in the Technology, Finance Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Recruiting & HR and Administrative fields. HireStrategy has been ranked the No. 1 staffing firm in the Washington DC area, honored by Inc. magazine as one of the 500 fastest-growing firms in the country and named a “Future 50″ firm by Washington SmartCEO magazine. We’ve also been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by the Washington Business Journal, as well as a “Best Place to Work” by Washingtonian magazine.
Our executives are recognized thought leaders in their fields, regularly contributing their insights on economic, employment and workplace issues to the Washington Post, USA Today, the Washington Business Journal, the Wall Street Journal and major broadcast and cable television networks, including NBC, CNN and PBS.