To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager - Chantilly, VA
Creative Financial Staffing • Chantilly, VA
Posted 2 months ago
We have been engaged by a technology industry company in Chantilly, VA with an immediate need for temporary support for the next month (possibly longer). Our client is seeking an Accounting Manager who can assist during a period of transition.
Location: Chantilly, VA (not metro accessible)
Pay: $40/h - $50/hour
Schedule: Start Date: 4/1 or 4/8; Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (Full Time Schedule)
Position Overview :
The Senior Accounting Manager at our client has resigned as she will be relocating out of state. Our client needs assistance with the workload/transition.
- Management of 2 staff (1 is fairly junior, the other has been with the company for 5 years)
- Will be hands on/involved in full cycle accounting: including GL, ap, payroll (60 employees), will do consolidations accounting, day-to-day entries, possibly financial statements; cash is reconciled daily, daily reconciliations of bank accounts, etc.
- Will be involved in HR from an accounting perspective, sometimes assisting with new hires, responding to benefits questions, etc.
- Ad hoc projects – they need someone who can role with projects, prioritize, must have good time management (including helping with an upgrade to a new accounting system: currently using Sage 50 which was formerly Peachtree, want to convert to an updated software maybe NetSuite or another Sage product); lot of high level work including consolidations, high level relationships (will be liaising with audit firm as well as Goldman Sachs (bank reporting); tax accruals, multi-state audits
- Flexibility, can’t be rigid or set in one’s ways
- Strong work ethic – willing and able to put in the time, not a 40 hour/week job but not over 50 hours/week - Must be “work oriented” and work focused
- Take ownership of one’s work and responsibilities, look for new ways to improve processes and procedures
- Good management skills – because they’re a small group, this person should be able to leverage the 2 staff to the fullest extent
- Someone who is a team player and enjoys having fun while working hard
- Some public accounting experience is HIGHLY PREFERRED because of experience dealing with time pressure, dealing with different projects and customers, exposure to different environment and different ways of doing things
- Ideally 8+ years accounting experience
- Demonstrated management experience
- Familiar with GL, month end track
- Comfortable with accounting and other software systems
- Advanced Excel skills