CBSL Transportation Services, Inc. with locations in the Pasadena, TX, Chicago, IL and New Orleans, LA areas, provides a full-service alternative to the Bulk Transportation Industry. Using innovation and technology we have designed a comprehensive program to meet the most demanding customer requirements.
CBSL has been providing the highest quality and dependable service to the Bulk Transportation Industry for over 37 years. Foremost, we are dedicated to outstanding customer service and the environment.
We are offering an exciting New Opportunity for a Domestic Transportation Manager with the oversight, management, and profitability of the transportation department located within our Pasadena, TX facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
• Management of the domestic tanker transportation group including dispatch office and administration to include hiring, training and supervising.
• Oversight of both company and Independent Contractors in all matters of safety and regulatory compliance; including mandated Safety and DOT Safety training programs, electronic logs, OOS, fuel tax, tags, highway tax, cab cards and liability insurance.
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring company drivers, contracting and onboarding Independent Contractors to ensure compliance with DOT regulatory and company procedures.
• Produce and maintain accident reports.
• Oversight of the correct application and compliance with all operational procedures.
• To ensure compliance with all safety procedures and operational procedures and criteria in relation to of the employees, department, and facility.
• Regularly review and manage the department’s performance to meet budgetary goals via the information provided by monthly profit and loss statements and to work within company guidelines to achieve desired department performance results.
• To develop and foster an overall feeling of teamwork, efficiency, and excellent customer service among the employees and fellow managers.
• Develop and promote the partnership between Independent Contractors and CBSL to continually enhance the business relationship
• To promptly and thoroughly investigate any and all service failures and accidents and to establish effective corrective actions to prevent future re-occurrences
• To develop formidable relationships and grow respect with the customers we service.
• Work closely with other facilities and other corporate departments such as Safety, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Quality/Processes to achieve corporate goals.
• To expect, apply, and demonstrate a high-level of compliance with respect to the cleanliness and organization of the facility and the company’s equipment.
• Assist the Facility Operations Manager in the daily organization and operation of the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or five or more years related progressive experience.
Travel domestic 20%
• Project & Performance based bonus
•Medical Insurance - Two Plan Options
•Vitality Medical Insurance Discount Program – with a free annual Biometric Screening
•VSP Vision Plan
•Short Term & Long-Term Disability with optional buy up option at group rates
•$25,000 life insurance for CBSL Employees after 90 days, with optional spouse/dependent coverage
•Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance including coverage for family
•401k with up to a 3.5% match
•Holiday pay and additional floater as determined by CBSL
•Tuition Reimbursement program