To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenbelt, MD 20770
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Credit union • Greenbelt, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Under the direction of the HR Generalist, while following established policies and procedures, performs a broad-range of human resources activities. Human resources activities consists of: employee relations, recruiting, maintain a fair and equitable compensation program, developing personnel policies and procedures, planning to meet the human resources needs of the future, ensuring that internal policies and programs conform to all laws that affect the workplace, time, and attendance maintenance, payroll processing, and benefits administration. Serves as a strategic partner in balancing the needs of the organization and the needs of the employees.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure appropriate adherence to all employment laws regarding recruitment, recordkeeping, disclosures, compensation, payroll deductions, and benefits administration. Maintain compliance with mandatory notices and ensure the notices are posted at each Branch.
2. Responsible for the leadership, implementation and delivery of a comprehensive, full-cycle recruitment and search process including: creating and posting a job ad, sourcing and evaluating resumes, conducting phone screens, administering and processing applicant application and other paperwork, conducting background/credit/bondability/reference checks, interviewing, sending denial letters to non-selected applicants, preparing and administering offer letters, processing new hire paperwork, and onboarding/conducting new hire orientation.
a. Partner with hiring managers for the full recruiting process.
b. Create and post positions using various resources.
c. Source resumes and identify qualified candidates.
d. Enter applications into tracking systems.
e. Pre-screen potential candidates via phone.
f. Explain TEFCU’s policies, benefits, and procedures to employees and applicants.
g. Coordinate and schedule interviews by partnering with the hiring manager.
h. Track and report applicant and interview data; maintain recruitment records in accordance with TEFCU procedures and applicable laws.
i. Process background checks and drug screens. Analyze background checks and drug screens to properly exclude unqualified candidates.
j. Create offer packages; assist new hires with on-boarding process.
k. Verify compliance documents (e.g., I-9, W4, etc.).
l. Prepares new employee files.
m. Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
3. Responsible for total Benefits administration to include:
a. Health/dental, Life/STD/LTD, Paid time off, 401K, Unemployment, FMLA, COBRA
b. Manage enrollments/terminations/changes of benefits. Manage open enrollment process.
c. Prepare a variety of monthly reports, including individual benefit summary reports.
d. Input benefit information for employees via vendor website and payroll system.
e. Review/reconcile billing statements for accuracy and provide to Accounting Department.
f. Prepare debits and credits for health premiums. Coordinates with the Accounting Department.
g. Review all benefit policies on a regular basis and work with vendor during contract renewal to manage or reduce cost.
h. Ensure employees are enrolled at appropriate times.
i. Leave/paid time off administration. Manual processing of comp time accruals.
4. Performance Management - Provide management with Annual performance reviews and reminders for completing evaluations timely, before anniversary date. Liaison for corrections/updates to performance reviews. Prepare write-ups/ documentation of performance/ disciplinary actions. Conduct employee counseling and termination meetings.
5. Conduct exit interviews upon resignation of employees.
6. Training and Development - Develop, plan, organize, conduct, and coordinate personnel coaching/training and team-building initiatives. Maintain log of all employees training and development activities. Research and provide suggestions to management regarding training programs, classes, seminars, webinars, etc. Assign and monitor employees’ completion of required compliance trainings. Register and coordinate payment for trainings. Tracking and monitoring progress for in-house trainings. Keep up-to-date on changing employment laws/updates through seminars, webinars, SHRM.org, or email updates.
7. Employee relations - Serve as the intermediary between management and employees by handling questions, resolving work related issues, administering disciplinary procedures, and handling change of status and leave of absence requests. Handle employee grievances. Conflict resolution meetings/management. Workplace investigations/fact-finding.
8. Identify areas of improvement and develop creative initiatives to foster a positive work environment. Research/implementation of employee morale building /engagement initiatives.
9. Handle all governmental related personnel matters (i.e. EEO, Unemployment, COBRA, etc.). Respond to and provide documentation for all employee claims and appeals including unemployment and workers’ compensation.
10. Ensure compliance associated with federal, state, and local laws related to HR such as EEO, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, etc. Keep up-to-date with all new and changing State and Federal labor laws.
11. Respond to employment verification requests and file copy requests.
12. Effectively handle a high volume of offers and associated administrative duties.
13. Develop, create, and continuously update job descriptions for all positions.
14. Perform annual review of Employee Guidebook to ensure consistent application of current policies to all areas and adherence to all relevant employment laws.
15. Acts within the policies and procedures of the Credit Union. Performs job duties and responsibilities in a manner which protects the integrity and reputation of the Credit Union.
16. Assists HR Generalist with duties, research projects and/or special projects.
a) Is responsible for Time and Attendance/Payroll administration to include:
b) Regularly monitor, prepare, and input bi-weekly Time & Attendance records. Contacts employees with questions, corrections and changes and gets manager’s review/approval. Reviews, adjusts, calculates, verifies and then enters each employee’s Time & Attendance information into the payroll system bi-weekly.
c) Maintenance of employees’ access card/time clock badges.
d) Prepare, verify, and process bi-weekly payroll. Provide reports to Accounting for posting.
e) Management of year-end/W-2’s, employees’ tax, direct deposit, and voluntary/mandatory deductions.
f) Update Accrual Salary/Vacation reports monthly and provide to Accounting for posting.
g) Provides all other payroll related reports/information to Accounting or ADP Tax Services as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred. Minimum three (3) years of experience in HR field. Must be able to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple projects with changing priorities. Ability to multi-task and follow-up with a sense of urgency on all matters. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Previous experience with HRIS and Payroll. Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical skills, problem solving skills, and proper phone etiquette. Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills and show ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and executive management. Must maintain and have high regard for strict confidentiality. Highly organized and able to prioritize with attention to detail. Must be bondable. Possess initiative and leadership ability. Ability to influence and affect change in a professional manner. Prefer specialized training in management, employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, employee training, and/or safety.