ALTA IT Services is seeking an Accountant II to join our client on a 6-month, 100% remote contract position.
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field and a minimum of 3-6 years of accounting experience, which must include experience in development and maintenance of financial reconciliations , advanced excel/financial analysis, and problem solving skills.
ALTA Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of monthly reconciliations/analyses of reported activity to source and/or supporting documentation.
- Functions include client fund transfers, email/draft funding notifications, reconciliation of client funding accounts, processing check status/stop payments with bank, and interacting with clients to ensure customer satisfaction. Responsible for performing routine analyses and problem resolution.
- Works closely with the group's finance department to ensure funding instructions are accurate and reports are timely.
- On a daily basis enters monetary adjustments at bank to increase/decrease clients ACH funding requests. Maintain “driver” file of specifications for running automated process for report generation of clients funding reports. Monitor and track each client’s out of area prefunded dollars to established thresholds. Works closely with claims and customer service on funding issues. Works closely with reinsurance to ensure claims are properly funded and client is reimbursed accurately and NCAS/CFA fronting is refunded properly.
- Application of accounting and research techniques toward resolution of outstanding material issues or the implementation of new processes.
- Reconciles monthly funding accounts and monthly bank reconciliations, researches errors, and compiles necessary documents in order to provide accurate financial information to the clients. Maintains, updates and reconciles funding records to ensure that the bank balances are accurately reflected in the database. Download receipts from bank, download claims, and upload receipts/claims to Access database to perform reconciliations. Provides monthly funding/bank reconciliations to all groups with clearly identified descriptions and actions.
- Advanced analyses and trending of financial information are performed to verify the integrity of financial data.
- Interpretation of contractual arrangements and designing the appropriate transactional accounting flow.
- Review of existing and new business arrangements and processes with a critical and discerning approach in order to design the appropriate accounting and related processes.
- Complex Problem Solving