- Confers with other management including, R&D, Operations, Materials, and Sales and Marketing to determine engineering feasibility, manufacturability, repeatability, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Manage and support product change process.
- Prepare comprehensive project action plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and monitors performance to forecast.
- Selects, evaluates, coaches, develops, and supervises direct report subordinates and develops succession plans where practical.
Corporate reporting responsibility in a collaborative environment with other Business Unit Managers to share best CI practices.
- BSME with a technical background, MBA is a plus.
- Prefer 5-7 years leading and managing teams. Automotive industry experience a plus.
Experience with SolidWorks/AutoCAD or similar design software.
- Familiar with a variety of the industry’s field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization
- Effective presentation skills and listening skills.
- Demonstrated experience with analysis, problem solving, and project management tools.
- Command of the MS Office Suite.
We offer competitive wages, day shift operations, and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401(k), paid time off and more. If you take pride in what you do and have a passion for excellence, we want to hear from you.
Eagle Specialty Vehicles is an Equal Opportunity Employer