Since 2006, we’ve taken a different approach to the contract foodservice industry. Our attention to safety, nutrition focus, patient engagement, and advanced technology have made us the preferred food service provider for Healthcare operations throughout the state of Texas. Excellent food, excellent service, and an excellent experience are our commitments to you. That’s how we nourish excellence, every day.
We are currently looking to add a part-time Dietitian to our team in Edinburg, TX. The Dietitian is responsible for overseeing the nutritional care of the patients, performing nutritional assessments and working with the Physicians to attend to patient's dietary needs and provide education to patients and their families.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Completes nutritional assessments and follow-ups on patients with increased nutritional needs, in accordance with the facility's policies.
· Educates patients and their family members on nutritional needs as indicated.
· Educates staff and nurses on issues regarding special diets.
· Attends patient rounds on assigned floors.
· Informs nursing and physicians of changes in the patient's nutritional status.
· Presents themselves in a professional manner in accordance with the hospital's and Luby's behavioral expectations. Adheres to facility's policies and procedures.
· RD and LD
· Bachelor's degree in Food & Nutrition or related degree
· Minimum of 1-year experience in a clinical setting
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Spanish Bilingual preferred
· Must be able to communicate effectively, written and verbal
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must have a valid Drivers License