Assistant Floater Teacher
Pay Rate: $14.86
Hours per week: 35
Weeks per year: 41
Community Services for Children is Seeking a Self-motivated for a rewarding career as an Assistant Teacher Floater. We are a large, well-established, high performing organization located in the heart of the Lehigh Valley. Selected as a 2015 Top Workplace, CSC is a leader in early childhood education. We have a rich tradition of excellence, and earned the Head Start Program of Excellence designation, one of only 10 in the nation.
A $500 monetary incentive will be paid to newly employed Community Services for Children staff members who start work after June 1, 2021. The $500 payout will be paid upon successful completion of probation.
Community Services for Children is offering a onetime $75 COVID-19 vaccination incentive for new hired staff members who are able to show proof of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. The payout will be paid upon successful completion of probation.
- Ensure the daily care of every child enrolled by following all program regulations and guidelines.
- Plans with and assists the lead teacher in preparing learning materials for activities appropriate for preschool age (3 to 5 years of age) children.
- Responsible to maintain continuity in vacant classrooms by providing coverage for absent primary Assistant Teachers, Family Medical Leaves, and open classroom positions.
- Assist the lead teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment, including serving nutritional meals for children.
- Require to work varied schedules, start times, and classroom hours to ensure coverage of vacant classrooms.
- Share in the development and implementation of written lesson plans with the lead teacher.
- Bus monitor activities while accompanying bus drivers during transportation to ensure the safety of all children.
- Collaborate with parents to ensure a positive educational experience for each child.
- Perform other duties assigned by Lead Teacher.
- GED or High School Diploma and must obtain CDA or AA in Early Childhood Education within two years of hire.
- Experience working with pre-school children.
- Car and valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) a plus
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Full Time.
- Paid leave for sick and personal days.
- Paid holidays
- Choice of two medical plans.
- Choice of two dental plans.
- Agency sponsored 401k retirement plan.