Are you a seasoned transportation professional that is passionate about customer service and safety? Take advantage of this career with Valley Proteins, an established, successful organization that will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
We are looking for a Transportation Supervisor to join our team. This job is located in Ward, SC. All shifts are available. This is a high impact role responsible for managing a dedicated team of CDL drivers and a well-maintained, private fleet for an industry leader in the recovery and recycling of fats, food oils & proteins.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
Competitive pay: $1100-$1300/week
Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
$500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles.
Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
Job Description/Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure that all required driver training is accomplished within the established time parameters.
- Determine additional training needs for assigned driver staff.
- Facilitate training activities for both new and existing driver staff.
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits of driver activities to ensure compliance with Company policies, rules, regulations, and expectations.
- Conduct quarterly driver quality audits for areas outside their purview.
- Provide oversight and follow-up on all daily work assignments for assigned driver staff and ensures that the necessary resources are available to accomplish excellent customer service in compliance with Company standards and agreements.
- Ensure compliance with DOT rules and regulations.
- Manage call-ins for the designated geographical area and follow through to an acceptable resolution.
- Work closely with the appropriate procurement rep and or VP Care to address/resolve any service related issue that may arise within the designated geographical area in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Performs routine route maintenance for accounts within the designated service area and work closely with area router to improve on service and efficiencies.
- Responsible for scheduling activities for the drivers assigned to the designated geographical area, coordinating for back up personnel, and in rare cases will be required to run routes for driver vacancies.
- Coordinate equipment repairs with truck shop personnel.
- Responsible for safety and compliance for drivers assigned to the designated geographical area.
- Ensure drivers operate in compliance with all Federal, State, Local, and Company regulations / policies and procedures.
- Monitor Cadec reports to ensure:
- All units operating properly
- Excellent equipment use and utilization
- Availability of drivers’ Hours of Service and related follow up
- Route integrity.
- Assists Transportation Manager in the conduct of accident investigations, reporting, follow-up and discipline, if necessary, in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain / monitor reports and data entry related areas to ensure performance of assigned driver staff is meeting established Company expectations.
- Keep management advised of all performance related issues and recommend solutions.
- Daily supervision of designated employees to include routine coaching and counseling.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement for the assigned areas.
- To be effective, communicate both internally with management, employees, supporting staff, and external customers.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Knowledge of Federal/State DOT regulations, OSHA, HAZMAT and other relevant governmental and industrial standards and policies
- CDL “A” with tanker endorsement and current DOT physical
- Excellent work and safety record
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of various applications is required (MS Office, Cadec, RoadNet, Sapphire, SAP, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet established deadlines
- Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
Don't let this opportunity pass you by! Apply today!