This is your opportunity to join a dynamic team of experienced professionals in the Outpatient department at Shriners Hospitals for Children. Position is full-time days (40 hours per week Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm) and reports directly to the Outpatient Nurse Supervisor and will work collaboratively with nursing/medical staff to provide exceptional patient care to families and patients. Qualified applicants must demonstrate the following:
2 years plus of strong computer skills and EMR experience.
AAMA certification REQUIRED.
• Appropriately triages patient calls or unscheduled visits and effectively communicates with provider in order to obtain direction and for plan of care.
• Completes phlebotomy/lab tests and initiates processing of specimens and record keeping according to OPD policy and procedures.
• Anticipates needs of patient and provider prior to exam and assists physician with medical procedures as requested for all assigned clinics.
• Consults provider accordingly for input regarding return visits and takes appropriate action.
• Reports all pertinent observations and information to the care coordinator/ physician promptly.
• Is involved in developing an understanding of clinic specific procedures and appropriate pre-operative teaching and peri-operative preparation.
• Documents appropriate notes in patient/SCHIS electronic medical record or chart including but not limited to, intake notes, vital signs, measurements, pain assessments.
• Willingly accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
Shriners Hospitals for Children® - Springfield is a world-renowned pediatric orthopedic specialty hospital. We are committed to our support of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, sexual orientation and gender identity to apply for any of our career opportunities.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE - apply through CareerBuilder.com