This central North Dallas company is seeking to hire an experienced Applications Developer with at least 3 years of GIS development as well as knowledge of GIS data structures and geospatial concepts experience. This is for a contract position (approximately 6 months).
1. Designs and develops new software programs and applications.
2. Consults with systems users to determine functional specifications and writes programming code to create or enhance functionality and/or appearance of company applications.
3. Consults with end-users to create documentation relating to the program definition development business requirements. Documentation includes software objectives deliverables and end-user specifications.
4. Installs software improvements and upgrades.
5. Writes, translates and codes software programs and applications according to specifications and end user requirements
6. Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
7. Designs, runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs.
8. Analyzes test results, formulates modifications and implements solutions to problem areas
9. Prepares and writes reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
10. Trains end-users to operate new or modified programs.
The ideal candidate with have 2+ years of the following:
- GIS Development experience & knowledge of GIS data structures and geospatial concepts
- ESRI experience & Gas utility knowledge and experience is a bonus
Experience with MS Visual Studio, ESRI Desktop, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGis PRO and SQL Clients such as TOAD, SQL Server Management Studio, etc. highly preferred
O/S experience: Windows, Unix/Linux
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS Information Technology Business, or a closely related field.
This position cannot accept candidates who need to have visa sponsorship or transfer. Candidates must be able to work onsite in this direct hire position.
Java (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)
Esri Gis (Software)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
C Sharp (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)