Ever dream of doing work that truly makes a difference as you lead a talented HR team in a rapidly growing organization? Well, here it is! We are seeking a highly experienced Vice President of Human Resources who will be responsible for leading and developing our talented Human Resources team as we continue to grow organically and through acquisitions. The Vice President, Human Resources provides strategic direction and operational support to the leadership team and Business Unit leaders in the areas of employee relations, legal compliance, talent acquisition, talent development, maintaining the Munch Supply service culture, salary and benefit administration, performance management, employee development, and succession planning. This position provides strategic human resource services for all corporate and field operations and partners with all key business leaders to deliver human resource services.
Munch’s Supply is a leading distributor of HVAC equipment and operates 28 facilities in ten states. Over the past five years we have tripled in size. We are looking for an HR leader who can help align our organizational structure with our strategy of rapid growth through acquisitions and continued expansion in existing markets. The ideal candidate has 10+ years’ experience with human resources and its related functions. Prior HR management experience at a multi-location multi-state employer is essential. The preferred candidate will have 15+ years’ experience with human resources and its related functions including at least 5 years in a senior leadership role managing benefits, employee relations, payroll and talent development at a company with 500-1,000 employees at distributed locations. The ideal candidate shines with direct experience with acquisition integration, a track record of leadership effectiveness, strong business acumen, and a demonstrated history of achieving results through collaboration and strong inter-departmental influence and communication.
This position is conveniently based at our corporate offices at 300 N. Mannheim Road in Hillside, IL , about a half mile north off I-290 at Mannheim Road.
Essential Job Duties
- Leads a high performing team to consistently and effectively support branch, administrative, corporate, and sales operations. This includes developing the Human Resources strategy and organizational structure to fully support the company’s future growth plans.
- Works with the senior management team to evaluate the staffing, benefits and policies at new acquisitions, and works with the senior team to integrate acquisitions into Munch’s service-based customer-focused culture.
- Manages staff that oversees all benefit plans, employee changes, plan legal compliance & reporting, system utilization, and 3rd party vendor partnerships
- Works with Business Unit leaders to develop and maintain the company’s compensation strategy and its tenets, guidelines, sustenance, and periodic review of trend analysis.
- Reviews and recommends changes to benefits and compensation packages through data analysis, market wage assessments, and analysis of industry trends.
- Provides consultive guidance and recommendations on all employee relations matters to improve retention, reduce turnover, and ensures proper documentation to minimize legal exposure from any separations. Works with senior leadership and department heads on significant employee relations issues.
- Provides oversight and direction to ensure that all employees are treated ethically, fairly and consistently across the business units. Guides the BU leaders to maximize employee effectiveness and development and minimize potential risk.
- Responsible for the entire employee life cycle from sourcing to exit and understands the overall company growth strategy, works with the management team to build the right structure to deliver the strategy, recruits and develop the right staff to build the organization and support the successful execution of the strategy.
- Develops the Human Resources strategy, job roles, and job descriptions that fully support the company’s future growth plans.
- Tightly manages the need for a deeper talent pool with the need for sustained and improving profitability.
- Responsible for all employee policies and communications. Provides support and resources to the BU leaders to communicate policy changes and to bolster employee retention.
You’ll Be a Part of Something Great!
Munch’s Supply has a 65-year history of providing outstanding service to our customers. In the past five years, the company has tripled in size and our employee base now exceeds 500 full time employees. We have completed five acquisitions since 2015. Our commitment to service also extends to our communities. In addition to an annual food drive at our branches each fall, we are also a proud supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer. Working as a team, since 2014, Munch's has raised more than $50,000 for this worthy cause.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus plan with a host of health benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and prescription starting on Day 1 plus life insurance, 401k, short-term & long-term disability, HSA, FSA, EAP, and employee discount. If that’s not enough, you’ll accrue the equivalent of 4 weeks of vacation and paid time off starting on your first day of work. We are a culture driven, dynamic, and highly ethical business with an extremely bright future.
Send your resume in complete confidence to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Vice President, Human Resources or fax to
815-207-6566. Don’t wait another minute!
Employee Relations Guidance
Senior Professional In Human Resources