The warehouse/receiving supervisor plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements. This position is responsible for 24/7 warehouse operations.
1. Provides hands-on training and support for all functions within the warehouse including forklift transportation of receiving goods and warehouse items.
2. Reporting responsibilities utilizing Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Excel, access, word)
3. Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the warehouse shipping, receiving and distribution mission in an effective and efficient manner. Assists in interviews and recommends applicants for hire as warehouse team members. Provides coaching and mentoring as needed in a bi-lingual environment.
4. Must demonstrate strong leadership skills with team members. Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of team members; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
5. Maintains an equipment structure and level to meet the goals of the warehouse function in a safe, effective manner. Provides appropriate equipment, racking and training to ensure the safe transport, storage and distribution of all materials. Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability and cost.
6. Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received. Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports. Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control for timely data entry. Oversees the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
7. Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse. (FIFO)
8. Monitors and measures warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers.
9. Develops and recommends annual budget requirements for the warehouse and receiving department. Anticipates and requests funding for future personnel requirements. Anticipates and requests funding for future material handling equipment.
10. Ability to drive and implement inventory control reporting mechanisms (computer upgrades)
1. Technical Capacity.
3. Learning Orientation.
4. Performance Management.
5. Communication Proficiency (bilingual – Spanish)
6. Teamwork Orientation.
7. Ethical Conduct.
8. Financial Management.
9. Collaboration (exceptional people skills and management)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a salary exempt full time position. Core hours are Mon-Sat 7-5. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required to meet the demands of projects or customer needs. This position is accountable for 24/7 operations of the plant and may be required to provide both on/off -site support outside of core hours
Education and Experience
1 High School Education or GED.
2 Three (3) or more years working both in a distribution environment with a perishable product in a FIFO inventory system as well as supervisory experience.
3 Experience in a food industry is helpful but not required
4 Ability to communicate in bilingual language (Spanish) is preferred
5 Tow motor experience and/or license is required
6 Exceptional leadership skills
7 Hands on experience in receiving, shipping and distribution.
8 Strong inventory skills including FIFO
Packaging And Labeling